no photo for you..too embarrassed right now.
my office is my “outbox” (to hold items I’m not sure about)
Here is the actual list of items in my cozy office off the living room:
- ikea paper lamp
- collapsible bin holding about 25 items “to put away”
- big IKEA box full of binders, mail, little baskets, etc. – “stuff”
- empty sweater box above the ikea box recycled
- three box lids recycled
- wicker laundry basket holding papers of all kinds emptied
- banker box filled with empty containers (like cute ikea tins)
- three plastic tub lids tossed. they were orphan lids
- cute aqua collapsible linen bin – holding:
- an ikea container holding games
- two empty baskets – given away
- an unopened ikea set of three aluminum tins. Set given to my sister-in-law, Maya.
- Five-wire-drawer ikea storage unit
- one drawer holds some bed linens
- one drawer has some papers and a reusable shopping bag
- one drawer has some banker box lids
- one drawer has two hanging sweater bins
- top basket holds a big ol clear bucket holding a white, hanging sweater bin
- Banker box holding something. (must check that out)
- Banker box holding tins and an unopened set of ikea document boxes
- A box holding four empty boxes
- Three wire crates stacked and holding:
- photo albums
- photo albums
- Antique dressing table that used to be my desk
- holds books + a tin of electrical cords and tech cords
- Two lacke shelves on the walls above the dressing table:
- white ikea box holding mail or coupons or something
- three books
- two binders
- five ikea cheap magazine holders
- two sets of ikea tins (nested in each other)
- Blue ikea cabinet – holds small items (is okay the way it is – pretty bare)
- bookcase holds books, sheet protectors in an ikea box, a box of “media” items (full banker box – should donate some of the items),
- Computer desk and chair – desk holds computer, speakers, mouse and keyboard.
Thoughts on this:
- Too much IKEA. I should have found non-ikea containers from thrift stores or family and friends – to creatively store items at home.
- Too many unopened, unused items.
- Am doing okay with my desk. It’s pretty minimal!
- Don’t even want to look at the main pile of stuff (Items 2-14 are in an eight foot span along one wall.) Guess it’s time to babystep through straightening it. (The movie that made babysteps famous is my all time favorite movie: What About Bob.)
UPDATE: Gave two sets of unopened tins from IKEA to my sister-in-law Maya (some striped, pretty ones and then some aluminum shoe-box sized ones) along with a basket I got at Pier 1 years ago. I’d already given Maya two of them, she now has a third. I think I have a fourth somewhere at home for her!
Recycled quite a few orphaned box lids.
Gave away some books and set aside some DVD’s to be given back to their owners.